- Support Bureau
The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Lobby is Open
Monday through Friday 8am-4pm
The Records Division maintains all of the Sheriff’s Office public records by Idaho Public Records Law Standards.
CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT - 2 step process. 2 APPOINTMENTS to receive CCW permit.
- Application is turned into office, payment due and Sheriff’s Office staff will fingerprint applicant.
- Application is sent to state for processing.
- When completed, approval letter will be sent.
- Applicant will make a PHOTO APPOINTMENT to have photo taken and temporary license issued.
View details of the Idaho Concealed Weapons Law, Section 18-3302
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - (one person per appointment) Appointment Description BELOW:
NEW – Turn in application, payment due & Sheriff’s office staff will fingerprint applicant
RENEWAL – Turn in application
PHOTO – Photo taken
WARNING BE ADVISED IF YOU MAKE THE WRONG APPOINTMENT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIX
is here! You can now schedule an appointment using your computer or mobile device. To access QLESS click on the icon below.
• Monday – Thursday 8am-3:30pm.
To download the app to your mobile device, use your phone or tablet to access one of the links below:
|Late Fee (91-180 days expired)||$10.00|
|Retired LE Permit||$25.00|
|Retired LE Renewal||$17.00|
- Concealed Weapons License Application
- Concealed Weapons License Application - Retired Law Enforcement
Applying for a Standard Permit
- You must complete a concealed weapons application.
- Make sure Drivers License has your current address.
- Proof of Firearms training. (I.e. Hunters Safety, DD214 or training certificate from Idaho Sheriff's Association)
- The Idaho Sheriff's Association offers an online handgun safety training course that satisfies the firearms familiarity requirements for a basic Idaho Concealed Weapons License. Click on the following link to access the site. www.idahocwl.org
Applying for an Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit (ECWP)
- Enhanced Concealed Weapons applications are available at the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office.
- You must provide a valid driver’s license, a signed copy of the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons Training Form that has been completed and signed by both a valid firearms and legal instructor.
- Fees are paid in Cash or Credit Card at the time of application.
- If you are an Idaho resident you need 6 consecutive months of residency before applying. Residency starts by driver's license issued date. Please call if you have any questions.
- Residents of another state are required to show a valid concealed license from their resident state.
Renewing Your Concealed Weapons Permit
- You must complete a concealed weapons application and present your CWP permit.
- Make sure Driver's License has your current address.
- You can renew any time during the 90 day period before the expiration date for a $30.00 fee payable in cash or credit card only. Renewals taken more than 90 days after the expiration date are subject to a $10 late fee.