Downtown Coeur d'Alene , Kootenai County. Courtesy of Quicksilver Photography.
The Driver’s License Bureau is the mandated vendor for the Idaho Department of Transportation for processing all classes of Drivers Licenses and Identification Cards.
If you are a new applicant for a driver’s license, instruction permit or driver training permit, you are required to provide the following to the driver’s license examiner: (Identification cards require same information except for last three documents listed below).
* Proof of Idaho Residency-(Mail recently postmarked/utility billing/lease or rental agreement or employment payroll stub. Document must have both your name and home address [where you live] and be recent within the last month.)
* Certified Birth Certificate or out of state license or identification card. A certified copy of a birth certificate (NO photocopies accepted) may be obtained from the State Bureau of Vital Statistics in the birth state
* Certified Name Change Document if changing name at the time of application or issue
* Acceptable Legal-Presence Documents (If not a US Citizen)
* Social Security Number
* School Enrollment (VOC), Verification of Compliance or Completion (if under 18)
* Liability Signer (if under 18)
* Driver Training Completion (if under 17)
Applicants from out of state and license not expired for at least 25 months or suspended are required to take a written test. Suspensions have to be clear in all states and countries to qualify for an Idaho drivers license. Anyone expired for 25 months or longer or never been licensed are required to take a written and road test.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday (Except Holidays) 7:30AM-5:30PM
Class D Written Test 7:30AM-4:30PM
Commercial Written Test 7:30AM-3:30PM
451 Government Way