Northside of Lake Coeur d'Alene, Kootenai County. Courtesy of Quicksilver Photography.
CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- All new Concealed Weapons Permit applications and fingerprinting (civilian and retired law enforcement)
- All renewal Concealed Weapons permit application process (civilian and retired law enforcement):
- Pictures and permit issuance for approved Concealed Weapons Permits (civilian and retired law enforcement)
APPLYING FOR AN ENHANCED CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT (ECWP)
* Enhanced Concealed Weapons applications are available at the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office.
* You must provide a valid driver’s license, a signed copy of the Enhanced Concealed Weapons License Training Certificate that has been completed and signed by a valid firearms instructor, and proof of firearms training.
* Fees are paid in CASH at the time of application.
* It may take up to ninety (90) days to process applications and complete background checks. Approved applicants are notified by mail when to return for their permit to be issued. They are valid for five (5) years from date of issue.
RENEWING YOUR CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT
* You must complete a concealed weapons application and present your CCW permit.
Make sure Driver's License has your current address.
* You can renew any time during the ninety (90) day period before the expiration date for a $37.70 fee payable in cash only. Renewals done more than 90 days after the expiration date are subject to a $10 late fee.
Approved renewal applicants are notified by mail. Renewal licenses are valid for (5) years from the previous expiration date.
You will have to provide specific information on your Concealed Weapons Permit application. If you would like to be prepared, review this sample application for the information you will need.
On July 1, 2013 the newly enacted “Enhanced Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons” section of Idaho Code took effect.
Full text of the new law can be found at: H0192